I have an excellent meal for you today! I made this over the weekend and grabbed the recipe from my cookbook, Simple Weeknight Favorites. It was a vegetarian dish so I added some grilled chicken for added protein. My grocery store also did not have any porcini mushrooms so I had to go without these. I know the sauce would have been even better with it! It was still very tasty and I highly recommend you give it a try!
Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Porcini Sauce
Ingredients
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes, halved (I used 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes)
Salt and pepper
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed (I didn't use these)
3 shallots, minced
1 pound white or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 pound campanelle (I used rigatoni)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place rack in center.
2. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in large pot.
3. Microwave 2 tablespoons of butter until melted.
4. Slice tomatoes and add these to the melted butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Then spread out on a baking sheet keeping the cut sides up. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until they are brown on bottom. Then return these to the bowl.
5. While tomatoes are roasting, bring the chicken broth to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and add the porcini, cover and steep for 5 minutes. Transfer porcini to cutting board, reserving cooking liquid, and mince.
6. Mince shallots.
7. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
8. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant about 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir with rubber spatula until thoroughly incorporated, about 1 minute.
10. Pour wine and reserved porcini cooking liquid into skillet and whisk constantly until no lumps remain and liquid has thickened, about 3 minutes.
11. While the sauce is cooking, add campanelle and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain campanelle and return it to pot.
12. Add sauce, porcini, tomatoes, and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add reserved cooking water as needed to adjust the consistency. Serve.
(I added sliced grilled chicken and grated parmasen cheese)
Linking up with 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday. Make sure and head over to her blog to find other wonderful recipes.


11 comments:
I always look forward to your Tasty Tuesdays:) This looks so yummy, we're on a pasta kick right now so I'll have to try it. Have a great Tuesday!
MMMMMM, looks so yummy!
Brooke
That looks so yummy!! Anything with mushrooms, tomatoes, and chicken are a winner in my book.
That looks seriously fantastic. Yum.
Oh my! I'm such a sucker for Italian food... YUM!
xoxo
I love your recipe posts! This looks amazing :)
Looks delish! I will have to try this one too! Here's hoping the winter will inspire me to start cooking again! Hope you have a great Tuesday! :)
Cheers,
Sara
www.SocialSara.net
Oh my goodness I want this for dinner! xo
Looks so good, I'm loving pasta dishes this summer and this seems like the perfect dish to serve for Memorial Day. Thanks for posting :)
MMMmmmm. Love your Tasty Tuesday posts!
Wow, that looks INCREDIBLY yummy! I just made pasta (alla putanesca) yesterday, but I'll try this tomorrow or something :))
Lots of love,
Sabina
xxx
Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!
Find out how YOU can be featured on my blog!
Post a Comment