Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Banana Bread

Today I am sharing a recipe that is a favorite in our home! My husband loves his banana bread and loves it when I buy bananas and we end up letting them sit without eating because that means they will be perfect for banana bread! I have to admit I haven't made this often and he is usually the one that bakes it but I thought I would surprise him this past week. 

This is a very easy recipe and sure to be enjoyed by everyone!

Banana Bread
{recipe source}

Ingredients

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.

Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.

 Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. 

In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.


Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.

This is such a simple & tasty recipe!
I hope you all give it a try!

Linking up with 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday. Make sure and head over to her blog to find other wonderful recipes.



Photobucket

25 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so ironic that you posted this today because I'm making banana bread tonight! I've never put cinnamon in it, but I may have to add a little in! It sounds tasty!

Courtney said...

Yay for another Andrea recipe:) I am the lazy person who buys the box mix but I'm inspired to make yours, I'm sure it's delicious!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

This looks soooo good! I love banana bread!

livingchel said...

I was just thinking the other day how I need to make banana bread soon. I like to make mine paleo style. This looks so yummy!

Andrea {Yesterday's Tomorrow} said...

Yummm I LOVE banana bread, it stinks up the whole house in the best way possible. Have a great day!

xoxo andrea
www.yesterdaystomorrowblog.com

Sara said...

This sounds so good! I wish I had a slice right now. I'm starved! Great pics too...you are a master with that new camera!
Cheers,
Sara

Amy said...

mmmm, I wish I had this loaf for bfast this week!

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

erica said...

I love banana bread, and haven't made it in forever. I now have a serious craving for it. xo

Alexa said...

Yum! such a great fall treat!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

This looks so tasty, Andrea! Perfect Fall snack!

bruce lees athens administrators

Wine and Summer said...

That looks delicious! And perfect for a fall day!

Stesha said...

yummy!!!!

xxS

Anonymous said...

yummmmmmm

Laura said...

Delish! I must try this :)

Anonymous said...

Yumm, I love banana bread. I haven't had that in a long time, looks like I will get to bakin'!

Brittney @ The Sweet Life

Lisa said...

Your banana bread looks good too! I love that you can use the old bananas for bread so you don't have to throw them away :)

Unknown said...

Yum!! Your directions are so easy to follow I may just try this!!

oliviamoone.blogspot.com

Because Shanna Said So said...

This make me think of my Granny! She used to make it for me all of the time...it's one of my faves! And thank you for the sweet words on my blog today. xoxo

Ashley said...

Thank you for your congrats on the twin news! We are very excited. And happy to find your blog as well since banana bread is my FAVORITE! Will def. be using this recipe!
-Ashley
www.recentlyrimini.blogspot.com

danielle p. said...

this looks so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

This look amazing!!
I cannot wait to try and I am also your newest follower!
xo
Hallie
http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

Erica said...

I love banana bread, but never have made it myself. Right now I cure my cravings with banana granola. Yum!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing! i love banana bread. i could eat if for breakfast everyday :)

love your blog


ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on http://fashion-a-holic.com/page/16/

Unknown said...

It's starting to be that time of year, nana bread time! This looks SO good... now i'm hungry :)

xo, Megan
indie flower

Rach said...

This looks delicious! I love when bananas start to turn because I know banana bread is in my future! :)