Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Creamy Pesto

Happy Tuesday friends! I can't wait to share with you the amazing day & evening I had yesterday but that will have to wait for tomorrow. Today I am sharing with you most likely one of my favorite dishes I have made in a very long time! Of course it came from The Pioneer Woman herself and is amazingly delicious! It is the Creamy Pesto Sauce and I added rotisserie chicken for a little protein. It was very easy and could be used not only on pasta but also chicken, fish and veggies! You MUST try it! 

Pesto Cream Sauce 
(with pasta and rotisserie chicken)
I doubled the recipe to have some left over for the next day
Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, peeled
salt and pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, a little more if needed
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
4 roma tomatoes, diced (I used 2 vine tomatoes instead)

Steps
To make the pesto, add the basil to a food processor 

Add 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan, pine nuts, peeled garlic cloves and salt & pepper to taste

Mix all in the food processor and slowly drizzle the olive oil to make a puree, stopping when it is a bright green and completely mixed together

In a saucepan, heat the cream and add in the butter

Then pour the pesto into the cream/butter (I know it doesn't look great here, but it will soon look better!)

Stir this together and simmer slowly for a few minutes 

After it has simmered, add the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and stir until mixed together

Pour the sauce over the pasta

Now add the diced tomatoes

Place into serving bowls and add chicken to top (I added some grated Parmesan as well)

Enjoy with a chilled glass of white wine or champagne!
(as you can tell my Lady thinks she should have some too!)

Linking up with 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday. Make sure and head over to her blog to find other wonderful recipes.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Courtney said...

I've been looking forward to this recipe since I saw it on your Instagram! It looks delicious, I will make this for sure. Happy Tuesday:)

erica said...

I have never made pesto before, but I am thinking this is going to be my weekend meal project! Yum! xo

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

This sounds delish.I have plenty of basil in my garden I need to use up before it starts freezing at night. I might have to give it a try this weekend.

Unknown said...

mmm this sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Seems easy enough for me to do as well!

Wine and Summer said...

Seriously, everything you makes looks amazing!

Laura said...

This looks yummy! :)

Because Shanna Said So said...

Will you just go ahead and make me a cookbook for Christmas??? Please? xoxoxo
Shanna

Sara said...

OMG! This sounds delish! I'm seriously going to try this as I have tons of basil growing on my patio. Thanks for sharing, my friend. Great pictures! :)
Cheers,
Sara

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

OMG! I love making pesto and never even thought of making a cream version! LOVE this recipe! Excited to hear about your day soon!

xx

Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash

Darby said...

YUM this looks AMAZING! DEF going to try it!
xoxo Darby

Obviously Obsessed 

M.E said...

what a delicious recipe!!! I also make Pesto sauce but usually use a pestle and mortar which gives it a nice rustic taste :)


http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

navy and orange said...

looks delish!

xoxo navy & orange