Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wine Wednesday

Happy Wine Wednesday friends!

I thought I would post today about one of my favorite things!

There are lots of great wines out there and believe me I am not an expert but I can share a few of my favorites and some of the great wine gadgets we use with our wine!

The first gadget is called "The Wine Clip". It is wonderful and clips on the neck of the wine bottle and as the wine pours through it the tannins in the wine are pulled out.
Some say it is the tannins that cause things such as headaches.
I can tell you that it really does make a difference in the taste of the wine!
You can find it HERE.


The second gadget is a wine aerator by Vinturi. It is amazing!! As you pour the wine through the aerator it tastes as though it had been decanted as needed instead of the bottle just being opened!
You must try this product! You can find it at many places including Bed, Bath & Beyond! 
You can also read more about it HERE.

Here are a few of the wines I have tried recently that I have really liked.
As you know Malbecs are my favorite so of course I am trying them all out!
Disclaimer: we have tried these out over the past several weeks

Trivento is a great wine that is semi-dry and not bold at all. I think most red wine ladies would really enjoy it!

Santa Julia is a wine that I like but is not a favorite. It is another semi-dry wine but a tad bit sweeter than the others.

Alegoria is a fabulous wine and definitely one of my favorites by far! It is very smooth, dry and bold! All of my favorites in a wine!

Finca de Origen is another favorite! It is another wine that like the Alegoria is dry, bold and oh so smooth! You must try this one as well!

Cigar Box was a very different wine. I spoke to one of the wine consultants at the store about which wines I should try. This wine does have a hint of tobacco in it. It was good however I probably won't be buying it again for a while. I can see it shared in a chilly evening when the men are out smoking cigars.

As you know I am a fan of the Cupcake wines but this Malbec by Cupcake wasn't a favorite like the white wines. It is a little too sweet for my liking. It would pair well with fruit though!

I hope you have enjoyed my little wine report.
Now, go get some fabulous wine and accessories my friends! 

Do you have any favorite wines you can share with me?

Photobucket

13 comments:

Courtney said...

This is a post I will be bookmarking! Plus I love the gadgets, they are going on the Christmas list:) We tried a red blend recently called Purple Cowboy that I think you'd like!

Sara said...

One on my favorite things too! Great post, my friend! I will have to try the wine clip as I've never tried that before. Happy Winesday! :)
Cheers,
Sara

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! I am planning a little cocktail hour tomorrow evening and some extra accessories such as these would be perfect! Thank you :)

Kelly said...

Not sure if I've shared before, but I LOVE the Cupcake Red Velvet. It's a red blend. I'm still kind of transitioning from white to red and this is a great wine to do it with :)

Wine and Summer said...

The Wine Clip looks awesome! I need to get it!

Cupcake wine is one of my favorites!

I am usually a white wine girl, but these reds look great. I need to branch out more!

Caroline said...

I need to try the wine clip. So cute!

Cathy said...

Such a fun blog! Now following! :)
www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

That wine clip is awesome!!

I love the red velvet cupcake wine...probably one of my favorite reds! And Alamos Malbec is a favorite of mine too!

Anonymous said...

I want one of those wine clips!!

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

I adore moscato d'asti! it's my favorite wine- I only like sparkling white wine haha. thanks for sharing your favorites!
xo, elle from Living in Color.

Val said...

I'm instantly thirsty...hehe. My all time favorite wine is Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio.

J and A said...

Love the venturi but I'll have to look into this clip. Love me some wine gadgets!!

Unknown said...

once a month or so I do a Wine Wednesday post. let me know if you'd like to join up sometime!

xoxo
Nicole