Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: White Bean Dip with Pita Chips

This is a Giada recipe that is delicious!

I made this for my in-laws before our evening to celebrate my MIL's birthday.

It was very simple and will definitely be made again, very soon!

{recipe source}


Ingredients
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
6 pitas
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.

Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.

Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.

********************

These pita chips were delicious and I will definitely be making them again for other dips as well!

So what do you think? 
Is this something you would make for your next get together?

Photobucket

12 comments:

birdie to be said...

This sounds delish! I would definitely make this!

Heidi's Wanderings said...

mmmm, this sounds great! And it's so healthy. Hope you have a great day.

Heidi’s Wanderings

Amy Shaughnessy said...

This looks sooo good! And pretty easy to make too.

Amy
Fashion and Beauty Finds

Unknown said...

Ooh that looks yummy!! I love me a good dip as I am a total snacker, and pita chips are one of my faves!

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

Yum. I just made hummus this weekend. I'll have to give this one a try next time.

Wine and Summer said...

Oh yum! This looks delicious!

Stephanie said...

Ooo tasty and easy, my favorite!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Oh this sounds good. I love Giada but seriously...does the woman eat?

Sara said...

This sounds good...and easy! Definitely gonna try this one. Thanks, friend!
Cheers,
Sara

Bri said...

Yummy Yumm Yum Yum!!! This sounds fantastic!

erica said...

Now this sounds amazing. xx

Anonymous said...

The blogging world misses you! It's time for a Hawaii recap post! ;)