Friday, May 25, 2012

Red, White & Blue

I am very excited for the three day weekend, but more importantly for Memorial Day and to honor all those that have served and are serving our country and those that gave their lives for their country. Memorial Day is very special to me as I am a Marine Wife and can understand (from a spouse point of view) what it truly means to these men and women who put their lives on the line for all of us. Most importantly, please also take this time to remember all of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us and to be grateful. If you see an Active, Reserve or Veteran service member please tell them "thank you", it really does mean a lot to them.

We have so many fun things planned this weekend. Starting with the Parade of Homes at the Dominion (where George Strait's home is!!), a pool party with friends, a great BBQ at our house and of course lots of fun drinks and some relaxing in there :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and can't wait to read the posts next week and find out all the fun you had!

Here is what I came up with for a few "holiday" outfits...it was kind of hard to put together red, white and blue and not look like a flag!



Red, White & Blue


Free People cotton dress
$218 - freepeople.com

Red blouse
$108 - bleuclothing.com

J Brand cut off shorts
$158 - jbrandjeans.com

Tory burch sandals
$175 - shopbop.com

Tory burch sandals
£169 - farfetch.com

Tory Burch t strap shoes
$311 - mytheresa.com

CÉLINE leather tote bag
£1,189 - farfetch.com

Kate spade necklace
$278 - lordandtaylor.com

Anchor chain necklace
$73 - maxandchloe.com









I am linking up with Allison at Long Distance Loving for Friday's Fancies today for the first time. I am really excited because I see so many other bloggers with great outfits and am so glad to join in on the fun!



I am also linking up with Kori at Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday as well! 


Make sure that you head over to both blogs to say hi and to check out all the other blogs that have linked up!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love every single thing about all of these pieces. I would love for them to appear in my closet :)

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

I love the red maxi dress! It's so gorgeous. I love that you paired it with the blue flats too. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Sara said...

Love the red and white maxi! The sand dollar necklace is so me! I love anything nautical. And I know I don't have to tell you how much I adore the TB sandals. Great choices! I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend and a special thanks to your hubby for defending our freedoms.
Cheers,
Sara

Katja of Skimbaco said...

Cute picks! Enjoy your weekend!

Hannah said...

Such cute finds! Happy three day weekend :)

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

First off, please thank you husband for his service! We are so lucky that this country stands on brave men like him. Gives me cold chills just to think about it :)

I hope you have an amazing weekend! Sounds like fun plans.

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I love these items! I love the red and white dress the most..

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Kori said...

Love the Tory's! Thanks for linking up honey! Have a great weekend! Kori xoxo

Stephanie said...

Aah, I love those Tory Burch sandals! Happy Memorial Weekend!

Sarah said...

LOVE the simplicity of this - perfect for anything this weekend! And cute! What great thinking :)

Caitlin C. said...

I love those red Tory Burch sandals - want want want. Happy Memorial Day, love! :)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

We really "need" some Tory Burch! :-) Loving those sandals!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Sarah Davis said...

Hey honey! Thanks so much for stopping by and showing support. It's always great to meet a fellow Aggie in the blogosphere :) I am loooooooving this red and white striped dress and I have not seen those TB sandals in blue. What a great color! Your blog is fantastic and I can't wait to read more. Hope you have a great day!!

xoxo-
sarah
workdayweekend