Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend wrap-up & tasty Tuesday combo!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. It is always so nice to have a 3 day weekend but why does it always go by so quickly? I finally got my haircut and highlighted...why does this always seem to make me so happy? I also had to return some things to ATL and lucky me - they just started a wonderful sale that I was able to pick up some great summer items for not much more than my return, love when this happens!!


Saturday seemed to vanish before we knew it, Sunday was spent working outside and the hubby grilled some amazing brisket and ribs! Monday we lounged all morning then spent the afternoon at our friends house in their lovely pool! A wonderful weekend for sure but hate that it is over already. Now we are just on the countdown for July 4th!


Here are some pictures from our weekend and recipes along the way! 
Recipes:
Fruit and cheese flag
Potato salad
Borracho beans
Champagne punch


my haircut and highlight :)

beautiful peonies I bought at the store

the hubby getting his smoker ready

I was so excited to see bell peppers (above) and
jalepenos (below) growing so well in the garden!


Champagne punch
1.5 L champagne
2 L ginger ale
12 oz can of frozen lemonade (I use pink lemonade)
frozen raspberries

Just mix and enjoy!!



Fruit and cheese platter for Memorial Day!

I used fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with
cubed monterrey jack cheese.

I wore my Stella & Dot earrings I won from this giveaway!

and I paired it with my new ATL dress :)

finally, I forgot to take pictures of the meal from Sunday so
I included the recipes here! They hubby chopped brisket for sandwiches
and gave me a heaping amount of potato salad (he knows I have a serious love
for potatoes!) 

Potato Salad
this is my MIL's recipe but I changed it a bit to call it my own~

5 lb bag of red potatoes (I keep the skin on them) - boiled and diced
5 eggs, boiled & peeled, chop the whites and save the yolks aside
1/2-1 cup chopped celery (depending on how much you want)
1/2 of an onion, chopped
dressing:
yolks mashed
1 cup mayo (or more for us)
1/4 cup mustard
1 lemon juiced
1/4 cup dill weed (optional)
1 package bacon pieces (my addition)
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over veggies & eggs.
So easy & so good!


Borracho Beans
(recipe via foodnetwork.com courtesy of Sandra Lee)
2 (16 oz) cans of pinto beans
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes & green chiles (Ro'tel)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1/2 cup frozen diced onions (I used 1/2 c diced fresh onion)
1 tsp chopped garlic (I used minced garlic from jar)
1 bottle (12 oz) Mexican beer
1/3 cup real bacon pieces
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro 
1 lime, sliced into wedges

In medium pot over medium-high heat, stir to combine all ingredients except the
cilantro and lime wedges
Bring to a boil, reduce to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in cilantro & serve with lime wedges.

Another easy and tasty recipe!!

Enjoy your Tuesday!!




7 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! That champagne punch looks so refreshing and I just love anything with champagne!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Sara said...

What a wonderful weekend! We spent our weekend dodging TS Beryl but I'm glad to see you had a great holiday! So happy you are enjoying the earrings from my giveaway. They look great on you!
Cheers to a short week!
-Sara
www.SocialSara.net

KatiePerk said...

Great pics! I love peonies! Borracho beans sound awesome!

Because Shanna Said So said...

Love the new highlights!! Just in time for Summer! And I MUST try that champagne punch...printing the recipe now! Thanks, lady!!
xo,
Shanna

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

Your hair looks great. I'm definitely going to try that champagne punch at out next party.

les jolies said...

it seems you had so much fun.

From Paris with love!
Kristina recently posted.. Yes, I do mon amour!.

winetastegirl.com said...

Love your hair and I have to try that drink! Thanks for the recipe and for your sweet comments on my Summer Fashion Link UP today :)
www.winetastegirl.com