Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Homemade Shrimp "Paesano"

Here in San Antonio we have one of my favorite restaurants, Paesano's. They have the most delicious shrimp "paesano", crab cakes, smashed potatoes and my favorite vino, Sonoma Cutrer! 

I have been wanting to make my own "Shrimp Paesano" for sometime and this past week I did just that! Now...let me warn you that this is a very unhealthy dish and you will be very mad at me when you make it and enjoy it! I am going to try to make the sauce a little differently {healthier} in the next few weeks and will make sure to share it when I do!

Homemade Shrimp Paesano
{recipe source}

Ingredients
For Shrimp
2 pints half-and-half cream
salt & pepper, to taste
1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on (about 20)
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

For Sauce
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups butter, cold, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium lemon, juice of
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped

I also used angel hair pasta, cook per package directions.

Steps:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
2. Soak shrimp in half& half for 30 minutes.
3. Drain shrimp and dust lightly in flour.
4. Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes on one side.
5. You will have to do in batches so that you do not overcrowd.
6. Do not turn shrimp.
7. Remove shrimp and place in a baking dish, sautéd side down, and place in pre-heated oven.
8. Turn to BROIL and broil for 5 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, mix egg yolk and lemon juice in half the butter and stir over low heat until butter is melted; take off heat.
10. Add garlic and remaining butter and return pan to heat. Stir briskly until butter melts and sauce thickens.
11. (Add a small amount of half& half to thicken more if you like.) Add chives and parsley.
12. Swirl pasta on center of each plate.
13. Pool sauce in plates and top with shrimp.
14. Serve immediately & enjoy!!








Enjoy!!
Linking up with 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday.
Head over to see lots of other tasty recipes!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Wow, this looks incredible!! I don't care if it is unhealthy. That just means it tastes good. And you only live once so why not? :)

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

how did you not dive right in and eat all that deliciousness up?! It looks so yummy and if i had the patience to cook I so would...I'll try and convince Matt to make it for me :)

Caroline said...

This sounds delish!

Courtney said...

Looks sooooo delicious Andrea! Impressive presentation my friend;)

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

My husband and I ate Shrimp Paesano while we were in San Antonio before Christmas. I'm so excited that I can make it at home now! Thanks!

Bri said...

YUM with a capitol "Y"! I need to write this recipe down and make this ASAP!

Thanks for sharing :)

Sara said...

You had me at shrimp and half and half! Haha! This sounds delish! You always inspire me with your amazing recipes. Hope you have a great day! :)
Cheers,
Sara

Megan said...

This looks so good!! We just had shrimp last night and now I wish I made this instead. Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

umm YUM looks divine! so glad I came across this!