Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Raspberry Crumble Bars

Today I have a delicious recipe for you! I recently purchased Ina's cookbook Foolproof and let me just tell you, every single recipe looks amazing! 

I was in charge of bringing a sweet treat down to the coast this past weekend so I browsed the cookbook and found this recipe!

Raspberry Crumble Bars
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Foolproof

Ingredients:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pur vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
10-12 ounces raspberry jam
2/3 cup granola without dried fruit
1/2 cup sliced almonds
powder sugar, for sprinkling

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed just until combined. 
3. Turn the mixer to low and add the vanilla.

4. Sift the flour and salt together in a separate bowl and then slowly add to the butter/sugar mixture with the mixer on low. 

5. Continue mixing until it almost comes together in a ball.

6. Turn the dough out on a board and take 2/3 of the dough and press evenly on the bottom of a sprayed 9 -inch baking dish. Take the dough up about 1/4 inch on the sides as well.

7. Spread the jam on top of the dough, leaving 1/4 inch border around the edge.

8. Mix the granola with the remaining dough (using your hands).

9. Break the dough apart into small bits and sprinkle on top of the jam. Cover most of the surface with the small pieces. 

10. Sprinkle the almonds on top.

11. Bake the bars for 35 minutes uncovered, then cover for an additional 10 minutes until the crust is lightly browned. (watch your dish because mine browned a little sooner)

Allow to completely cool before cutting. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar.


Enjoy!!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, my mom makes a similar dessert and it is the BEST!

-kelly
Honor Courage Commitment

KatiePerk said...

Oh Ina. How I love her!

Wine and Summer said...

This look so delicious!! Ina the best!

Courtney said...

They look delicious!

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

These look so yummy, I can see myself making these a lot over the summer.

LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

Amy Shaughnessy said...

These look so good! Were they easy to make? I try not to make anything that I can easily mess up...

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Stephanie said...

They look so tasty!

Sara said...

Ok, this sounds heavenly! Why or why must you always tempt me? Seriously, thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
Sara